Back Home

After 4 successive away games, we welcome third-placed Airbus UK Broughton to the unfamiliar setting of Park Hall. Despite the fact they’re third, the bookies have us a 1/6 favourites – perhaps they remember our demolition job completed at Llanelli. Steve Evans returns for Joe Jones, whilst a fit again David Mooney returns straight to the team at the expense of Lucas Akins. Paudie Quinn goes close to opening the scoring in the 8th minute after a corner, but his shot from inside the area goes over. Quinn remains in the action, picking up a yellow card in the 20th minute; David Nixon joins him in the 26th minute following a dive and Joseph Oastler follows a minute later after a foul. Davies is first into the book for Airbus UK in the 30th minute after fouling Mooney and Marco Pelosi ensures he really pays, firing in the free kick from 25 yards out to the bottom left hand side of the keeper’s goal for his first of the season. Airbus look to strike back and hit the post from 30 yards out in the 39th minute. We keep the lead until half time and in the 50th minute, Quinn commits a foul on the halfway line; the referee summons him over and I fear the worst, but he escapes with a talking to and is swiftly substituted for Darren Otten, who picks up a yellow card in the 70th minute. A one goal lead is never safe and Hamilton has a 1-on-1 chance in the 68th minute, but he can’t get a shot on target. The 76th minute sees the crucial second goal after Mooney cuts the ball back from the right byeline to Matty Williams, who blasts the ball into the roof of the net from 10 yards to end a 13 hour goal drought. The goal makes the points safe to the delight of the 195 in attendance, but Conor Hourihane picks up a yellow card in stoppage time. Marco Pelosi is named Man of the Match after his goal with a rating of 7.8.

The victory sees us remain top by a point with Bangor City keeping the pressure on. David Nixon’s yellow card is his fifth of the season and he will be suspended for the next match.

We welcome tenth-placed Newtown to Park Hall on the Saturday before Christmas and we’re 1/6 favourites again. Joe Jones comes in for the suspended David Nixon and amongst the 220 in attendance is the York City manager, Justin Edinburgh; he’s reported to be interested in Paul Robson. In the 16th minute, Robson sets up Matty Williams, but he can only hit the crossbar from 18 yards out. Robson’s value sky-rockets a minute later when he scores, but unfortunately the linesman on the far side has his flag up for offside. The notable action for the half ends in the 20th minute when Cadwallader picks up a yellow card for fouling David Mooney. Robson remains in the action in the 52nd minute when a ball over the top from the left hand side by him is picked up by Mooney, but he can only shoot wide. That’s our best chance of the half, but Johnston and Brown pick up yellow cards for the visitors. The game fizzles out to a 0-0 draw despite us controlling the game and Joe Jones picks up Man of the Match with a rating of 7.5. The Christmas non-cracker sees us drop to second, a point behind Bangor


Your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.